21 April 2011

It finally happened.

Hello, loves!

I was supposed to get this most fantastic of mystery tattoos last week, but the artist had to reschedule for yesterday.  My appointment was at 6pm, but we didn't get started until 7:30.  It was a long, grueling process, and it is definitely in my top 5 most painful ordeals, but at 1:30am, I walked out with a magnificent piece of artwork.

Ladies and germs, I present to you...the top of my ass and my #1 stay-in-shape secret!



I'm going back in 3 weeks to put more yellow on the butter, and do more shading. He'd already gone over the yellow six times and couldn't bear to put me through any more last night. After six hours, Cody and I were both pretty spent. Needless to say, I'm still feeling pretty spent today. All of my muscles are sore from clenching and unclenching, falling asleep, latching tenaciously to the headrest, the table next to me, and/or Brandell's hand. I'd like to say I was a total badass about it, but I wasn't. I was in too much pain to make up any good swears.

It was totally worth it, though. I've been wanting to get some sort of Size Acceptance related tattoo for about a year. I had this idea and just...never looked back. It was only a matter of time. I come from a long line of southern cooks, and margarine is a dirty word in my house. I think there's a nice element of just...owning what you've got in there, too. And man, next time anyone dares fat shame me, I'm gonna show 'em my ass.

<3

2 comments: