04 April 2011

Doggie Auntie

Steve and I were talking about our animals earlier this week, and I mentioned that I'd love to have a dog, but that I can't count on myself to be in good enough shape at all times to properly care for a dog.  I adore dogs, all dogs, but I have to be able to give them back.  He had the idea of bringing Hercules, his Westie-Chihuahua mix, aka one of the most mellow, well-behaved dogs I've ever encountered, over here a couple times a week while he's at work.  Hercules and I know each other very well.  We're total homies.  And honestly?  Getting out, moving around, getting some Vitamin D via sunlight sounds pretty damn good today.  I'm thinking booty shorts and a tube top to annoy the uptight neighbors.

Here is our day so far:

"Aunt Julie, what are you doing?  I am a dog, not a football."


"I have a new toy and a snack because I was a good boy on my walk.  
NOW WHO'S THE MACK DADDY?"


I am pleased to report that Hercules and I both survived the day intact.  I couldn't find any of my tube tops, so I had to suffice with a tank top and shorts.  Heaven forbid!  We had a slight run-in with a beagle when we went for a walk.  The beagle came running up to him, and knowing Herc's history with other dogs, I immediately scooped him up like a football.  Exchanged pleasantries with the beagle's owner, and off we went.  He was completely pooped when we got back, and spent the rest of the afternoon being lazy on the couch.  I felt he was on to something, and joined him in that.  

The only sucktastic thing to report is that my back now freaks the fuck out if I just walk around the block.  I don't get it and it's fucking rude.  I've been doing so well lately.  It might have been a shoe issue.  I'm limited to two pairs for flats until my kitty tattoo heals, and both of them may as well be made out of cardboard and vinyl.  No support whatsoever.  I think I'm going to start taking walks to the park.  I can sit down, stretch, and rest for a few minutes in the park before I head back.  I can't wait until it's warm enough to swim again.  I feel like a nice float in a cold spring would make my back feel immensely better.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say you are undoubtedly the best doggie auntie out there. Of which park you are speaking? Drexel? Closer one? Drexel is a long way from The House of Round Cats That Might Be A Rental and has Weird People. Shoes to try: Skechers flats similar to the ones you gave me, but they have lots of different styles, even if they are a bit lamestream...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you! You know how much I love my furnephews. There's a small neighborhood park maybe 3-5 blocks from the house. I don't know if it has a name. All the more reason to walk down there and take some pictures once this damn foot tattoo heals and I can wear actual shoes again. Since I'm not going to be doing any speed-walking, I think my new Born sandals will do the trick. And I really wouldn't mind another pair of Sketcher's flats--the only reason you got those is because I was lying to myself that they fit when I bought 'em!

    Love you! <3

    ReplyDelete