29 March 2011

You can tell a lot about a person by the contents of their music folder.

Screw iTunes, you hear me? Screw it. I have Rhapsody, both on my computer and my Droid, and I'm a fan. Well, until I wind up out in East Jesus and the signal cuts out and I have to switch over to music stored on the SD card on my phone...but enough about my first world problems.

I discovered tonight that, much like iTunes, Rhapsody lists your most frequently played artists if you can find the Magical Hiding List Widget. So, time to give the top 5 due props.

1. The Talking Heads--Whooo, big shocker there! CAN YA BELIEVE IT? I love The Talking Heads, I love David Byrne, True Stories is my favorite movie, and I have nothing more to say on the matter.

Favorite song?



2. Robyn--Ok, I actually am surprised by this. I'm guessing that maybe this list is more like...recent listens? Because my beloved Greg Smith just turned me on to Robyn this past weekend. Anyway, she's totally rad, and I've been all "OMG CHECK THIS CHICK OUT" to anyone who comes within 5 feet of me.

Favorite song?



3. Girl Talk--This one's no secret. This is what I put on pretty much any time I have a lot of driving around town to do. When you live in Small Town, USA and don't have to drive more than 10 minutes to get from place to place, it can get annoying stopping mid-song. So why not pick the glorious ADHD Audio Theater that is Girl Talk?

Favorite...track?



4. Primus--The husband and I both have a deep and abiding love for Primus and Les Claypool. They're one of those rare bands that I discovered in junior high and still love. What more can I say, shit's solid.

Favorite Song:



5. Regina Spektor--Welp, I have a vagina. That pretty much explains it. I kid, I kid! Regina is incredibly talented and creates haunting beauty and poignant truth with her words and voice. Should you see a pink haired fat lady singing along with the radio in a small blue car, that would be me and Regina, just jammin'.

Favorite song:




Hmm. That was fun. I think this might become a regular thing. Tuesday Tunes? What say ye? Feel free to suggest a better name. I'm not feeling terribly original right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment