17 March 2011

Yelling into the void.

It's been an interesting week or so, adjusting to the news that was dropped on me on March 8th.  It's cool, though.  I'm cool.  Oddly enough, I'm somehow comforted by just knowing what's wrong with me. 

I'm a bit off my ass on meds right now, but I wanted to go ahead and get this up and running.  I've been promising myself forever that I was going to start my own blog.  I suppose I've just been waiting until I had something substantial to write about on a regular basis.  As fabulous as my rants and diatribes are, I'm not the angry person I used to be, and would have zero luck trying to keep an active blog based on sheer piss and vinegar.

So, about me.  I have nine days left of my 20's, and one of my best friends flew in from Denver to help me celebrate.  I have two epic weekends lined up, and I feel incredibly lucky that I'm currently receiving the medical care I need to be able to keep up!  I've been married for about a year, but my husband and I have been together for seven years and have gone through what seems like more than our fair share of things getting really real.  We are owned by two parakeets, two cockatiels, and two very round cats.  We don't have kids, and we have no intention whatsoever of having kids.  We strongly suspect our house was built by Dr. Frankenstein, and we share it with two resident spirits.  I have a pretty...eclectic personal style, and haven't been able to keep my hair a color found in nature for more than a month or two in the last decade.  I adore piercings and tattoos, and I'm mad as hell that pretty much any oral piercing will likely offset the delicate balance that currently keeps my teeth in my head.  I think I'd look amazing with a labret.

I recently realized that I have exactly zero recurring commitments.  No job (due to Crazy), no church (due to an aversion to religion), no clubs (due to being a total misanthrope), no volunteering (I used to volunteer at the animal shelter, and getting back into that is a goal of mine for once I'm feeling better)...just...nothing right now.  I've been declining for probably five years, with the last three being a pretty quick downhill slide.  More and more things kept disappearing from my life due to frequent migraines, constant back aches, and killer fatigue.  I don't like that.  I want to do things.  I want to go to school.  I know for sure that I want to go to tech school for something like graphic design, veterinary technician, cosmetology--the list goes on and only gets more random.  I've been terrified of choosing a program, getting enrolled, and finding out my body and/or brain simply will not allow me to go to school or function once I get there, or be able to perform in the real world once I'm done.  But I'm going to make this happen.  I've had a sealed copy of my high school transcripts in my desk drawer for a few months now.  It.Will. Happen.

I try to keep myself out of trouble, though.  Clearly, I am an internet addict.  I also love cooking (when my back will let me), crocheting, jewelry-making, and sewing.  I have a shopping habit that's more useful for getting me into trouble than keeping me out of it.  And my roommate and I spend the summer trying to cram in as many trips to Madison Blue Springs as possible.  It's a spiritual thing.

I'm vain enough to carry on about myself for a few more pages, but I'm going to quit while I'm ahead and go sleep somewhere that won't involve waking up to a keyboard face-waffle in the morning.

<3

1 comment:

  1. It's high time! Like every project you dream up I am most excited about this one. Can't wait to read more, sug.

    ReplyDelete