18 June 2011

OH MY GOD, Y'ALL



So I just read this article on Yahoo News.  I was hungry and about to go eat my leftover sandwich from lunch, but now, NOPE.

Japanese scientists have synthesized meat FROM POOP.

HUMAN FUCKING FECES.

I'll be fair.  I'm sure they killed the various microbes.  I'm sure it does not visually resemble shit.  I'm sure they used enough chemicals to make it palatable to humans.

BUT IT'S SHIT, Y'ALL.  SHIT!

And here's what gets me:

The scientists hope to price it the same as actual meat, but at the moment the excrement steaks are ten to twenty times the price they should be thanks to the cost of research.

So, you go to the market, and you have your regular factory-farmed meat, your more-expensive organic grass-fed meat, AND SYNTHETIC POOP MEAT.  Which are you going to choose?

Professor Ikeda understands the psychological barriers that need to be surmounted knowing that your food is made from human feces. They hope that once the research is complete, people will be able to overlook that ugly detail in favor of perks like environmental responsibility, cost and the fact that the meat will have fewer calories.

Why yes, I do have "psychological barriers" about EATING SHIT.  Those were developed during human evolution for a damn good reason.  And citing "fewer calories" as a reason to override both instinct and common sense?  Oh wait, people do that every day.




Merde!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmhhhhmm. When I saw that I nearly gagged. But the jokes really really do write themselves on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, maybe this would be applied better making environmentally-responsible fuels for something *besides* human bodies. A car that runs on shit? They couldn't keep them in stock. Hell, even a log cabin made of turds would be eco-friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard something somewhere about making building material from cow pies. I'd be down with that, as long as there was drywall between me and the um, building material. A crap-fueled car would be amazing, especially if the top of the front seats would slide away during long road trips to um, refuel without stopping. CRACK A WINDOW, Y'ALL.

    ReplyDelete