05 June 2011

Last stop, this town

I am most definitely in a state of transit.

Since I no longer have a stylist, I've taken my hair care into my own hands.  He always said I wouldn't look good with blunt, thick bangs, especially if they extend past the corner of my eye.  Guess what I have now?  I cut 'em myself a few days ago.  They're definitely...challenging when they get unruly, but I love them.

He also told me that he hated the way my hair looks when I dye it blue, so I did that today.  Krystal took some pictures for me on our way to go run errands this afternoon.



So yeah.  New hair.  Major love.


So, since I started rockin' and posting pictures of my fatkini, I've had many people ask questions about the source of my confidence, so I decided randomly to start The Fatkini Mafia on facebook , then got sparky and started Fatkini Riot..  I'm not sure if it's activism or sheer hubris, but both projects sound like tons of fun (hurr hurr) and I hope I can get some co-conspirators to submit photos, guest posts, and engage in discussion.  
If you're interested in the least, join the group, check out the blog, and hit me up and let me know what tickles your pickle.  And yes, I would be more than happy to do some Q&A/advice posts, so hit me up with questions, too.  Anon commenting is enabled, but at least give me a pseudonym and enough details to work with without revealing who you are if you'd rather keep your privacy.  Also, if you can think of questions you would have liked to have answered during your early days of Body Acceptance, I'll take a stab at those, too.  Where to shop, relationship advice, tarot readings--I'll hook it up as long as you're willing for it to go public without your name attached.  I've always had a secret daydream of being an advice columnist, so indulge me, k?

In other news, I about climbed through the drive-thru window at the CVS to choke a bitch.  Here's the story, if you care to read it.  It happened about a week ago, so I'm mostly over it, but damn, y'all, you are RUDE.

Also, I got a new fatkini.  But y'all know where to find that.

Through all the crazyness, the busyness, the pain, the loss, and the scary new symptoms, I'm still alive and kicking, shooting my mouth off, and blistering the eyeballs of fatophobes everywhere.  I'd say I'm doing pretty damn good, yes?

6 comments:

  1. The new hair rocks, btw. (I colored my mom's hair today. I even dyed my beard!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it could be activism, actually. I mean, as far as I know, there are people who rant in the same arena as you on that front- but nothing organized as a community. Worth a go, I think. think about it this way- out there, there are kids who are probably not where you and some of your friends are in confidence. Seeing you will likely help. :) I think it's an awesome thing.

    Oh and the blue looks righteous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Eric! I wanna see your beard. <3

    Tori--You've got a point. Maybe I should make an honest effort at getting Fatkini Riot out there. I have no idea how to pimp a blog. Halp? lol And thank you! I love the blue so, so much. Every time I look in the mirror, it just reinforces that I'm just fine with the people I have around me, and that really, I've lost nothing but a bad friend. I've ordered some new hair shears and thinning shears, I already have an edger, and Krystal bought proper clippers, so I'm going to take what I've learned and fill the void in the House of Round Cats that was left by that theivin' bastard. Between what he taught me and my natural cockiness, this should be no problem at all. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, the various shades in the blue look awesome. That's all. I just wanted to say that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank the stars above for you being in this world! You rock my socks, lady! I love everything you're doing! I'm thinking it's time for you and I to do a podcast about you! People need to know about all of these amazing things you're working on! Thanks for sharing it with all of us! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh! I'd totally be down with another podcast. I'm going out of town this weekend, but after that, I'm pretty much free. Never in my life did I imagine that buying and wearing a bikini and being so completely visible without shame would start such a huge chain reaction of awesome in my life. I'm glad I ditched what remaining hang-ups I had and just went for it. <3

    ReplyDelete