19 July 2011

So this one time, I totally abandoned my blog...

...Sorry about that.  Saying things have been hectic is the understatement of the year.  Biggest news:  B and I opened a gaming/comic shop with a couple of our friends!  Friday was our first day open, and it went phenomenally.  And I use that word without irony or hyperbole.  The three or so weeks leading up to our opening were filled with planning, painting, and sheer exhaustion.  I couldn't form sentences well enough for Facebook, let alone write a blog post with paragraphs and whatnot.  I can't believe it's real, y'all.  "Run my own shop" has always been pretty high on the list of things I'd like to do with my life, and it's happening.  Now, I could go on about the pain I've dealt with for the duration of the remodeling of the store, but I really have no desire to bitch and moan.  Yes, I still hurt.  Yes, I blew through my month's worth of pain meds in two and a half weeks.  Yes, my doctor is an incredibly understanding man and wrote my refill early.  But I pulled my weight, did my part, and I'm still around to tell the tale.  I'll take it.

But suffice to say, everyone in the House of Round Cats was completely exhausted today.  We're closed on Monday and Tuesday, so this is our first day off in forever.  Brandell has been playing games on his computer with Caleb literally all day.  Ryan and I have been spending quality time with Gray's Anatomy on Netflix.  However, Ryan did take a moment to punk anyone and everyone with any intention of using the hallway bathroom.

With so many people living here and spending time here, we always have a plethora of empty soda 12-pack boxes.  Often, they're used for wall-building, as was shown in a previous post.  But tonight?  It was time for something different.

Jared went to use the loo, only to find this:



Yep.  The toilet seems to be missing.



Oh, and it's not hollow either:



We voted for Krystal to be the one to undo Ryan's handiwork, since she's the cutest.  Destruction ensues!



So, I'm pretty pleased that this is the extent of the grand excitement of my day.  Aaand, it's time to get back to the living room before my spot on the couch gets cold.  <3

4 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you, about your shop. That sounds SOOOO awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hon! It really is. I love it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I know exactly what you're talking about when it comes to remodeling, etc, for opening your own business. The exhaustion is endless! <3 *Hugs* So cool though! You did it! =0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks hon! It's such a long process. It seems like it will never be done. We still have one room that's a total wreck, painting touch-ups to do, etc. We just wanted to get the place up and running as quickly as possible so our ebay business didn't take a hit. But omg. Even though my body is still clearly pissed off at me, I don't even care, I'm just really proud of myself and B for following through on something for once.

    ReplyDelete